Well known British comedian Jasper Carrott (father of The Office star Lucy Davis) made it a signature of his stand-up routine to read out hilarious insurance claims that people had submitted.
Here are ten of the best:
- "The accident happened because I had one eye on the lorry in front, one eye on the pedestrian and the other on the car behind."
- "I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."
- "No one was to blame for the accident but it would never have happened if the other driver had been alert."
- "I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car."
- "I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection a hedge sprang up obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car."
- "I knew the dog was possessive about the car but I would not have asked her to drive it if I had thought there was any risk."
- Q: Could either driver have done anything to avoid the accident? A: Travelled by bus?
- "I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought."
- "I was going at about 70 or 80 mph when my girlfriend on the pillion reached over and grabbed my testicles so I lost control."
- "I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the hood. I realised the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket."
- Last updated on .